You come across many enthusiasts who wish to go for treks all-round the year. These enthusiasts usually join or create groups of people who have similar interests so that the journey can be a fun filled one and you also get to learn from the different experiences of the people. But you should check with the leaders of such groups if they explore new avenues and if yes then is it just limited to one state or more as well. You can surely visit the Goecha la trek if you get an opportunity. It has a great scenic view in the entire tour and you will be mesmerized with such an ambience.
This mountain is a great place to trek as from the base camp you can see the world’s third highest mountain named as Mt. Kanchenjunga. It is also a different experience for the trekkers who have been trekking in the northern Himalayas and now on the Sikkim mountains. The reason for a difference experienced is the nature and the culture of the trek that you go through. This is a moderately difficult path as it is 16000-foot-high and leads to the Kanchenjunga National Park as well. The usual cost of the trek would come up to 12,650 per person which would include all the major expenses.Let us look at the itinerary that we can follow to get to the peak of the Golecha la trek.
- You start your day from the Yuksom base camp and spend your day to your leisure.
- The next day will start early from Yuksom to Sachen which would take about 4 to 5 hours. You can enjoy the beautiful Rathong river valley which starts just behind forest check post of Yuksom.
- On your next day from Sachen you trek to Tshoka. This would take around 4 hours as it is steep in nature. Tere is a wooden bridge which is built over the prek river. It is a swinging bridge as you walk over it and has the Buddhist prayer flags placed over it. Once the bridge is crossed you enter the forest of oak and rhododendron and the local malt Tumba is popular among the locals and you can enjoy it at the local cafes. You can do camping here in different ways such as the forest huts or tents or the rest house as well. You can enjoy the camping as well.
- The fourth day is the most looked forward to day as the trek is too steep. You should visit the trail in spring time as it takes us through the dense forests and the blooming colors of rhododendrons. This trek is from Tshoka to Dzongri.
- Going to the day five we trek from Dzongri to Thansing. Here you can get a 180-degree view of the Kanchenjunga and Singalila ranges.
- It is a long trek and on day six we move from Thansing to Lamuney which is approximately 2 hours. You can enjoy the blue bird and mountain goats along the Samiti Lake.
The final day when we reach our destination is from Lamuney to Goecha La to Thansing. This trek is around 10 – 11 hours. So you need to gear up for this trek and since you are in an eager state to reach the goal you can trek faster.