- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Bhrigu Lake : 4300 mtr (14000 ft) : Kullu (HP)
Bhrigu lake is situated on the famous Pir-Panjal mountain range towards the east of Rohtang Pass. It is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, its believed that Maharishi Bhrigu used to mediate near the lake and hence it has been rendered sacred. Many local gods of the Kullu region take a dip in its sacred water, most prominent among them is Guru Vashisht, who travel to the lake at least once in two or three years. Locals also say that the lake never freezes completely.
Lake can be reached from two sides, from Gulaba or from Vashisht. Trek to Bhrigu lake via Gulaba is around 30 kms and takes 3 day and 2 nights, Gulaba is around 25kms from Manali on Rohtang road. Steep climbs can make you a bit tired but are equally rewarding because of its breathtaking views of the Kullu Valley from the top.
We drive 25km on the Manali Rohtang highway to the meadows of Gulaba. The views of the upper Kullu valley from here are quite spectacular. We should start the trek early as it’s a 7km trek and it may get dark if you start late. The trail toward the lake goes east ward and climb through the dense forest of Deodar the cross a small stream to the camp site of Rola Kholi. Campfire is not possible at Rola Kholi as there is no Woodstock around the campsite.
Next day, we ascent towards the lake slowly as the altitude can make you feel little breathless. we cross a mountain stream and then keep climbing till we cross a mountain ridge beyond which lies the Bhrigu lake. We reach the beautiful lake by the afternoon. After the breathtaking views of the Bhrigu lake we walk cross a small meadows and climbing up to a mountain to Vashisht Theli and camp at Pandu Ropa (Rice fields of Pandvas).
Last day is our steep descent to the village of Vashisht. The descend offer a great view of the entire Kullu valley. We walk through forest and slowly emerged into apple orchards and finally reach the Vashisht hot spring then to Manali.
Day 1 :
- Arrival in Manali (6000ft) Volvos arrive at around 10 am
- Briefing session and then Transfer to Gulaba (8500 ft) on Shared Cab (~25km)
- Trek from Gulaba to Rola Kholi 7 kms trek (4 hrs) + Lunch enroute
- Snacks + Dinner + Camping @ Rola Kholi (12500 ft)
Day 2 :
- Breakfast at Rola Kholi (12500 ft)
- Trek to Bhrigu Lake (14000 feet) and then to Pandu Ropa 14km (7 to 8 Hrs)
- Snacks + Bonfire + Dinner + Camping @ Pandu Ropa (11800 ft)
Day 3 :
- Breakfast at Pandu Ropa
- Trek downhill to Vashisht 7km (3 hrs)
- Enjoy hot Sulphur springs at Vashisht (6800 ft)
- Transfer to Manali
- Departure to Delhi, Volvo starts at around 4pm from Manali