- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Max. Altitude : 3660 m
Starting Point : Haripur
Ending Point : Chakki
Average Hiking Daily : 4-5 Hours
Total Trekking distance : 12 km approx.
Accommodation : Comfortable rooms in traditional Himalayan home stay
Highlights : Pulag, snow white Forests of Deodar, Pine and Chestnut, Shepherd Encampments .Formidable View of Seven Sisters, Mt. Hanuman Tibba and Indrasan Peak, Chandrakhani Pass
Day 00 : Chandigarh/Delhi– Manali – Haripur (Optional)
Day 01 : Haripur – Chakki – Pulag (Drive 20 minutes, Trek – 4 Hours)
Day 02 : Pulag – Chandrakhani Pass – back to Pulag. (Trek – 5-6 Hours)
Day 03 : Pulag – Chakki – Haripur – Manali – Chandigarh/Delhi (Trek – 3-4 Hours)
Brief Itinerary :
Day 00 : Delhi – Chandigarh – Manali - Haripur : The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhal’, about 15 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base camp located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base camp to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 01 : Haripur – Chakki – Pulag : Those who have not stayed overnight at our base are welcome to join us in the morning for breakfast. We will then drive a short distance to Chakki to commence the trek. From Chakki, the walk is 2-3 hours long and surrounded by snow covered trees and greenery. Pulag is located high above the village of Naggar and is the beginning of the path that leads to Chandrakhani Pass and Malana on the other side. Once we reach Pulag, you can unwind and relax at a local home stay. Enjoy some good food and a warm bonfire on a chilly winter night.
Day 02 : Pulag- Chandrakhani Pass – back to Pulag : Early in the morning, our trek will begin from Pulag. Meander through white meadows and forests with white tree tops. As we ascend higher, the amount of snow gradually increases. We shall travel as far as the weather will allow before we settle down for some snow hiking and photography. Enjoy some time at leisure at an altitude of over 3200 mts in a sparkling winter landscape. After a while, we will head back to Pulag by retracing our steps. Once there, enjoy some warmth and company over dinner and bonfire.
Day 03 : Pulag- Chakki- Haripur : Start the day with a healthy breakfast before leaving for Chakki. After the short walk, you can either head to Manali/ Patlikuhal for your evening bus or extend your stay with us at our base in Haripur.
Things to Get
Backpack 40 - 50 Lt. with rain cover.
Day Pack 15 - 20 Lt. -To carry your personal gear, camera, water bottle, trail clothing, packed food etc.(you will need this, when you offload your larger pack onto a horse/porter)
Trekking Shoes: Please do not wear sports shoes as on most treks as we go higher it gets harder to use the sports shoes. We recommend shoes with a good hard sole and also ankle support preferable water proof. While we do not subscribe to any particular brand you can try the Quechua Forclaz 600 or like.
- 2-3 pairs of cotton socks
- 1-2 pair of woolen socks (best to use when in camp. Not recommended while trekking).
- Pants: 2-3 pairs -Ideal are quick dry light weight synthetic pants. Alternatively track pants are also comfortable to trek in. Avoid jeans/denims.
- T-shirts 2-3 pairs–Preferably full sleeves.
- Synthetic Fleece Jacket -1 pair.
- Wind proof/ Water proof Jacket -1 pair.
- Down filled / Hollow fiber fill insulated Jacket – 1 pair (optional-get this if you want to stay extra warm at camps.)
- Thermal liners-1 pair upper and lower (optional)
i) Identity Cards with Xerox and Passport Size Photographs (at least 4)
ii) Medical Certificate: You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.
iii) Disclaimers: You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.
iv) Leave No Trace Policy Document : You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.)
- Raincoat/ Poncho-make sure it is something that will cover your daypack and camera too.
- Warm Beanie-make sure it is something that covers your ears. You can also use buffs or scarves in addition to your beanie.
- Gloves -Lightweight synthetic gloves made of Fleece or you can also use woolen gloves.
-Sun Glasses with good UV protection.
Other necessary things that we recommend you get:
- Toiletries -Sunscreen SPF 40+, Moisturizer, Lip balm, Soap, Toilet paper.
- Repair Kit (needle and thread).
- Headlamp/ Torch.
- Water Bottle- Ideally keep two bottles 1 litre each.
- Trekking Pole -Optional.
- Plastic Packing covers. (Please pack all your gear in waterproof plastic bags so that your clothes etc do not get wet while on horses or porters. Also carry extra plastic bags in case you need to pack wet clothes.)
Personal first aid kit:
- Diamox -10 tablets (to prevent AMS)
- Crocin – 6 tablets (fever)
- Avomine – 4 tablets (motion sickness)
- Avil 25mg – 4 tablets (allergies)
- Combiflam – 4 tablets (Pain killer)
- Disprin – 6 tablets (headache)