- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Harishchandragad is one of the most visited forts in Western Ghats. If you are trekking in Sahyadri for several years and you haven't visited Harishchandragad then you haven't trekked enough. This enormous fort has 7 routes and during this trek we will be doing most simple route ie Pachnai Route. Its the easiest way to explore Harishchandragad without facing much exhaustion.
Pachnai route might be the simplest route but its very scenic. Since it does not take out your breath, you are more appreciative to your surroundings. While we climb in full moonlight and clear sky, time appears to be standstill. For those who are photographers can get extremely beautiful night landscapes on this trek.
Height of Fort 1424m (4671ft)
Key Features of the Fort
> view of famous Harishchandragad Konkan kada
> Visit to Taramati Peak, highest point on Harishchandragad fort.
Meeting Time and Place : Fergusson College Main Gate at 6.00 AM
> Departure from Pune at 6.15 am
> Arrival at Pachnai by 12.30 pm
> Have tea & biscuits.
> Start climbing fort
> Reach top by 2 pm
> Have packed lunch with sweet dish.
> Visit Kokankada.
> ave Dinner
> Halt in Ganesh Caves
Day 2 :
> Get up in the morning & have Breakfast
> Visit Taramati peak (As per weather condition)
> Start desending by 11am
> Return to base by 1pm have lunch.
> Back to Pune by 9pm
What to bring
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
10. Plate, spoon, mug (Compulsory)
1. Leaders decision will be final & binding to everyone till the completion of the trek.
2. Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek
3. Smoking is not promoted but in case someone can't control it urges he / she should smoke away from the group & not without disturbing trek schedule.
4. Everyone is expected to follow safety protocalls defined by the leaders.
5. Leaders have been given rights to take disciplinary actions up to the extent of removing participant.
6. Polluting trek route of the destination is strictly prohibited & any participant found doing so may have to face disciplinary action.