- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
For all the trekkers in Mumbai, here lies the World’s most dangerous Fortress, Kalavantin Durg is at an altitude of 2300 feet above the sea level. Situated on the northern edge of the Prabal Plateau in Western Ghats, this fortress was constructed in the honour of Queen Kalavantin and was used as a watchtower in the earlier times.
This is a one day trel and is a moderately difficult trek with steep slopes and narrow steps with no support at all which makes it a bit of a challenge especially in monsoons as it gets more slippery in this season. Despite of all the difficulties, once you reach at the top, you will understand why Kalavantin Durg Trek is special. The mystical views from top would make the pain go away in an instance.
Ideally it is a one day trek unless you are planning to camp at the top. The starting point of this trek is Thakurwadi village. The best time to do this trek is monsoons as the already mystical views becomes even more magical and beautiful, although this makes the trail even more difficult. The suggested time to take up this trek is October to March when there are light showers and the weather is not very hot or humid.
Day 01 : Meet at Panvel railway station by 06:45 pm and move towards Thakurwadi – Base Village by public transportation. Start hiking after mandatory introduction to Prabalmachi. The hike is approximately 2 hours till Prabalmachi. Well pitch Tents, have dinner and rest for the night. Overnight Stay at Prabalmachi in tents
Day 02 : Wake up early morning, freshen up & have breakfast. After that we start ascending Kalavantin durg. Reach at the top, explore the pinnacle. Descend back to Prabalmachi for lunch. Post lunch start descending to Thakurwadi where our local transport will leave us at Panvel Station.
One Day ITINERARY
Meet at Panvel railway station by 07:30 am and move towards Thakurwadi- Base Village by private/public transportation. Reach base camp by 08:30 am and start the trek to ‘Kalavantin Pinnacle’. Reach at the top, explore the fort. Have some dry snacks and back to Prabalmachi. Have Lunch. Post Lunch, start descending from Prabalmachi to base village. Proceed Back to Panvel Station.
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, Sunglasses, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).