- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Karnala fort is situated about 20 Km south of Panvel situated in the middle of Karnla bird sactuary. This fort is counted as one of the best winter treks since the weather is pleasant and you can see a lot of bird activity in the jungle. This fort because of its peculiar location, used to be an important fort in the region and considerable history is linked with this fort.
Karnala fort's last killedar was grandfather of Vasudev Balwant phadke, the great freedom warrier and he spent his childhood at a village named Shidhon which is just 6-7 km from the fort. On this trek we visit Shirdhon also where one can see the old wada where Vasudev Balwant phadke used to live and a memorial.
Key Features of the Trek
> Trek through a Jungle which is now a bird sacntuary
> To be at the base of famous Karnala Peak which has been shown in several films as "Lingobacha Dongar"
Meeting Time and Place : Fergusson College Main Gate at 6:00 am.
> Departure at 6.30am and arrival at base around 9.30am
> Fresh up, breakfast and get ready for trek, start actual trek by 10am
> Reach top by 12.30am, have packed lunch, proceed for sight seeing
> Start descending by 2.30pm, back to base by 4pm
> Evening tea and then proceed to Shirdhon village to see Vasudev Balwant Phadke's birth place
> Start from Shirdhon at 6pm
> Back to Pune by 9.30pm
What to bring
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)