- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
One of the most unusual trek, Andharban trek is probably the only trek with a trail that is descending throughout. Andharban or the ‘dark forest’, the entire trail is through a dense forest surrounded by beautiful views of Devkund waterfall, Tamhini Ghat as well as Valley along the way.
Beginning at an elevation of approximately 2,160 feet on the Sahyadri mountain range, you need to descend through the valley in order to reach the backwaters of the Bhira Dam. An easy to Moderate trek, Andharban Jungle trek can be taken at any time of the day. Due to the dense forests, the only caution you need to have during night trek is to have torches and flashlights with you.
The start point is about 200 meters away from the Pimpri village, at a spot called Independence point. The trail is clearly visible, however at night time there are bright chances to get lost in the way so it is advisable to to do this trek with a travellers group.
Running completely through dense jungles, it is far from human habitation and therefore carrying your supplies is a necessity. Offering view of lush green vegetation and fauna, the trek overall is one of the most refreshing of all the treks in Sahyadri.
Day 1 : Meet our trek Leader at Dadar station by 12:30 am (Overnight Journey). Start our journey from Dadar to Pimpri village. Its almost 150 kms journey and we will reach at start point early morning. After having breakfast at local villager’s house, we will start trekking by 7:30 am.
We will start descending from “Ghatmatha” to descend towards Konkan region by trek route. It’s altogether 4-5 hours of descend which is the best part of the trek ! Trekking through dense forest and with number of waterfall on the way to refresh yourself. Bhira Dam is the end point of trek. After reaching Bhira Dam our vehicle is ready for pickup. Have evening refreshments. And proceed back to Mumbai.
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bed sheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).