- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Interested in taking a less traveled route? Then the Great Himalayan National Park is the answer for you as it leaves a lot of interesting trails. A small expanse of approx 750 sq kms offering an enchanting mountain scenery, Tirthan Valley trek possesses some of the most unique and pristine ecosystems in the world.
Tirthan Valley Trek follows the Tirthan river with the starting point at Gushaini and goes up till it’s source that is Tirath. This is where the water from Hanskund, an underground spring flows down to meet the other glacial streams. The gorge that is curved out is almost narrow throughout the way and would take you to some of the densest patches of the undisturbed high altitude vegetation.
Some of the highlights of the trek include beautiful meadows with flowers in full bloom, glaciers feeding into the Tirthan Valley and the views of the higher snow clad ranges. There would also be a chance to spot Himalayan Blue Sheep, Himalayan Black Bear, Ibex and many birds including the Rock Bunting, Himalayan Griffon, Snow Partridge and Himalayan Snow cock. This 3 day trek would take you to some of the most gorgeous picture perfect views that would remain with your for all your life.
Maximum altitude : 3100 M
Total Trekking Distance : 30 Kms Approx
Trek Starts from : Mandi
Trek Ends in : Mandi
Day 1: Mandi - Gushaini - Rolla (2100 mts / 9 Km trek)
We leave in the Tempo traveller early morning (around 6 am). On our way, we stop by at a hotel for fresh-up and breakfast. Post breakfast drive to Gushaini via Aut. The route is beautiful and for most part, one travels alongside the rivers ( Beas & Tirthan ). We stopover for permits at Sairopa, GHNP office. One can see full size maps of the GHNP area in the office. Once we are ready to move, we start our trek from Gushaini. Immediately after entering the GHNP area from Gushaini, one can feel the dense forest with a sudden coldness in the air. Rolla (our camp site) is 9 Kms from here. All through the trail, one moves along side the Tirthan river and the views are awsome (especially for 1st day of the trek). Mobile point in the middle makes for a nice lunch site. From here we head straight to the camping site @ Rolla. The site has some huts made by the Forest department with a very nice bon-fire space developed with Tree Chunks. River flows just next to the site and the mild sound of the flow would be music to the ears in the evening.
Day 2: Rolla to Shilt Hut (3100 mts / 6 kms trek)
Post breakfast, we head for today's target - Shilt Hut. The climb is steep today with a continuous climb. Since the distance for the day is not much, the day would not turn out as too tiring. We reach Shilt by afternoon where we have our lunch and post that we take a side trip to Chhordwari waterfall and bamboo forest. The day is defined by the dense forest and the amazing peak view at Shilt Hut. Bon fire and Camping at the night.
Day 3: Shilt Hut - Gushaini - Mandi
Post breakfast trek down to Gushaini through a steep descending path to arrive at this peaceful hamlet! The trek ends here. Drive to Mandi via the Trout valley. You will be dropped in Mandi by 4 PM Approx.
LIST OF ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR TREKKING
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Hand Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
3. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
4. 1 Litre water bottle. Qty -1
1. Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of Warm Gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)