- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Ratan meaning jewel in english is correctly defines this place. Known to be the ‘jewels of the fort’, Ratangad fort is one of the most enthralling trekking destination near Mumbai. Overlooking the Sahyadri Mountains, this 200 years old fort stands at 4,255 feet above the seas level. One of the unique features of this place is the natural rock cavity which is also called as ‘Eye of the Needle’ or ‘Nedhe’. You can sit in this cavity and experience the high speed wind.
This 2 day trek is even more beautiful during Monsoon season when the entire place is turned into one beautiful green landscape. The lush green trail makes it even more exciting but at the same time the rains make it slippery and muddy therefore, the trek needs to be taken with a little caution. Once the favorite place of Shivaji Maharaj, the main gate of Ratangad fort has sculptures of Lord Ganesha and Lord Hanuman.
Day 01 : Board the train from CST by 06:25 pm reaching Kasara by 08:39 pm. Meet the leaders and further proceed to base village. Reach Samrad by 11:45 pm. Freshen Up and start trekking. After Introduction and briefing session, start ascending the Trimbak Darvaja. Reach at the top by 03:00 am. Rest till the dawn. .
Day 02 : Early morning wake up call and explore the Cave and fort. Enjoy the picturesque of the Ratangad “Nedha”. Have breakfast and start descending to Ratanwadi. En-route visit Amruteshwar Temple. Have Lunch and proceed back to Kasara.
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).