- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
The Himalayan winter is harsh and when it comes to high altitudes it definitely is tough. The summer melts ice and make rivers flow with frightening speed, but the winter starts freezing everything. Even the deadly rivers are brought down to standstill and are so frozen that one can walk over the river. Imagine a trek where almost for entire duration you walk on frozen river !!
365hops is organizing a challenging frozen river trek over Zanskar River. This trek is popularly known as "The Chadar Trek." This river is located about 50 Km from Leh. We travel by vehicle to the highway junction of Zanskar river and then we trek in upward in mountains over the frozen river. Six days we travel up and six days we travel down the river. Living in caves, facing temperatures as low as -10 or -15 celcius. Though this trek does not have much altitude gain as compared to other treks it is test for your mind control over your body.
Key Features of the Trek
>Trekking over Frozen Zanskar River. Using the same route which is used by Ladakhi people. Staying over in caves
> Chance to face temperatures like -10 to -15 degree celcius. .
>Being a winter season, there are higher chances for you to spot rare ladakhi animals like snow leopard, ibex, himalayan tahr, blue sheep etc.
Meeting Time and Place : Will be intimated to registered participants 10 days prior to the event in a precamp meeting.
Day 01 : Fly Delhi to Leh and Reporting (3500 m) : Arrive Leh & spend the day in Leh to acclimatise. Take the time to explore the palace and markets, or just relax at the hotel. Overnight.
Day 02 : Drive to Chilling, overnight at Tilat SumDo (3200m) : Drive from Leh to Chilling village where we meet our porters and drive further to the Alam Tilat by Jeep. Overnight at Camp in Tilat. Overnight.
Day 03 : Tilat Sumdo- Zaribago (3250 m): 5/6 hrs. : We begin our Chadar trek by walking on the frozen Zanskar river from Chilling to Zaribago. Get the feel of ice and start experiencing the trill of walking on ice. Overnight at Camp.
Day 04 : Zaribago - Deepyokma (3300 m): 4/5 hrs : Walk on the frozen Zanskar river for about 4 hours from Zaribago to Deepyokma. Overnight at Camp.
Day 05 : Deepyokma - Nyrakpulu (3400 m): 5/6 hrs : Walk for almost 4 to 5 hours from Deepyokma to reach Nyarakpulu below the Nyarak village. Over night at Camp.
Day 06 : Nyrakpulu - Tso Mopoaldar (3300 m) : Nyarakpulu to Tso Mopoaldar a four hour walk to the campsite.
Day 07 : Tso Mopoaldar - Tilatdo (3200 m) : Mopoaldar to Tilatdo - another day of walking about 5 hours.
Day 08 : Tilatdo - Chilling - Leh (3500 m) : From Tilatdo walk up to Chilling village from where a Jeep will take you back to the hotel in Leh by evening. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 09 : Leh - Delhi : Proceed for the further journey towards Delhi / Mumbai / Pune
What to Bring
1. to carry your own luggage you will need trek bag at least 48Lit capacity depending on your luggage carrying tendency. We wont recommend you to carry luggage more than 65 lit as at that altitude it would be very tough to carry so much luggage.
2. At least 3-4 pairs of track pants to be carried along. The material should be of quick dry type. It is essential because body heat melts the snow on your clothes and wet your clothes. Easy dry material avoid your inconvenience because of wet clothes.
3. Carry good sports shoes with enough anti skid pattern on the bottom. Sports shoes with good rubber sole are the best. Do not go for running shoes. They are usually insufficient and have tendency to slip.
4. one set of travelling clothes. This set you can keep behind in hotel luggage and can pickup after trek.
5. At least 4 sets of socks
6. Monkeycap (warm material). Avoid hand made caps. A monkey camp with thick weaving is recommended as it protects you not from cold but from wind chill factor as well.
7. At least 4 sets of T-shirts with long sleeves. Having collar is beneficial as it helps you add another layer to you neck to avoid cold.
8. Warm jacket and fleece jacket.
9. Good quality hand gloves (warm) added with another set of hand gloves (waterproof)
10. Thermal wear. Though not recommended during trek, you can use it for night. Its optional
11. Waterproof wind cheater or a jacket
13. Sunscreen, Lip balm, Cold creams etc.
>> More detailed checklist will be provided to registered participants 10 days prior to the activity which will help you in packing and cross checking.