- Banana Ride
- Bungee Jumping
- Fishing Tours
- Flying Fox
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jeep Safari
- Mountain Biking
Route : Guwahati- Shillong- Mawsynram-Mawlynnong Village- Cherapunji- Shillong
1) Revel in the most blessed forest, that is, the Mawphlang Sacred Forest, safeguarded by one strict rule – ‘Nothing is allowable to be taken out of this Sacred Grove.
2) A rain lover’s ecstasy, Mawsynram is beautiful and the picture-perfect destination to capture the splendor of the rains.
3) The sunrays sieving through towering palms and betel nut trees on one side and rock-strewn hills on the other, en route to this tiny paradise of nature – Dawki.
4) Mawlynnong – Not only is this hamlet spotless clean but it’s one of the most attractive ones you will see in India
5) Cherrapunjee – The forests, pastures and fields feel booming and shine intensely, grass grows prodigiously everywhere and creates a milieu that is alike the rolling hills of the Scottish Highlands.
6) Located in the dense tropical forest of Meghalaya, masked with rain during most part of the year are the amazing man-made and natural wonders of the “living root bridges”.
7) Perfect fusion of old world and contemporary charm – a city named as Shillong.
8) The sloshing Laitlum watercourse and its old-world wooden bridge invite tourists to just stand and gaze at the mystic landscape surrounding them.
Day 01 :
Guwahati-Shillong trip (120 kms) – Arrival at Guwahati Station / Airport. Transfer to Shillong.
Arrive in the morning at Guwahati by around 11-11:30am. Hop on the bus/car and head out to have the first meal of your trip in Guwahati. Enjoy the landscape on the way to Shillong. En-route visit Umiam Lake (Barapani), a beautiful, man-made lake that encompasses an area of 221 sq kms. Enclosed by coniferous forests, it is a really distinctive getaway for those travelling to Shillong. Fill your time witnessing nature express her feelings and emotions throughout the passage of the day. Apart from nature, perceive the captivating goings-on in the everyday lives of the people who come to the area of the lake in hunt of grass, twigs and other things. In evening, travel the local market. Overnight stop in Shillong.
Day 02 :
Shillong-Mawphlang-Mawsynram-Shillong (130kms) – Today we begin our day with tour to Mawphlang Sacred Forest. The sacred grove has an astonishing life form of plants, flowering trees, orchids and butterflies. It is a perfect destination for nature aficionados. The sacred-groves which have been well-looked-after since time immemorial, are in sharp contrast to their neighboring grasslands. Next, we head to Mawsynram. Known as the wettest place on earth, the village of Mawsynram is a nature aficionado’s dream and the finest place to witness the intensity of the rains. Picturesque waterfalls and plush greenery make up for the scenery. The drive from Shillong towards Mawsynram is a trial for drivers and needs exception skills. Overnight stop in Shillong.
Day 03 :
Shillong- Dawki- Mawlynnong village- Cherrapunjee (220kms) – Early morning, we start our jouney to Dawki, one of the most beautiful places in the country. We get prepared to ride in the boat and adore the beauty around. Then, we head towards the cleanest village in India. Yes, there is a mystic paradise called as Mawlynnong – a tiny village which won the prestige of being the cleanest village, not just in India, but in entire Asia. The settlement offers striking natural beauty, view of Bangladesh and a walk to the “living root bridge” at a bordering village Riwai. The village also provides a view of natural balancing rock, a strange natural wonder of a large rock balancing on another rock. Overnight stop at Cherrapunjee.
Day 04 :
Cherrapunjee Sight-seeing tour (54kms) – Day begin with visiting Thangkharang Park, followed by the Mawsmai Caves that are a major attraction amongst tourists. After eating lunch, we visit Dainthlen Falls, among the several falls that Cherrapunjee tour boasts of. Dain Thlen Falls is also one of the well-known falls particularly as it has a remarkable folklore associated with it. Next, we visit Nohkalikai Falls, which is the 4th highest waterfall and is the highest plunge waterfall in India. Dropping from a great height of 1,100 ft, this fall is a best attraction of Cherrapunjee. Revel in the evening with some melody and stories while relaxing on the porch of the resort. Overnight stop in Cherrapunjee.
Day 05 :
Cherrapunjee-Shillong (70kms) – Early in the morning, we head to double decker “Living Root Bridge”. Meghalaya’s double decker and single decker root bridges are exceptional in the world and are a view to capture. The bridges are tangles of huge thick roots, some of which are over a 100ft long, take 10-15 years to become completely functional, but they’re extremely strong. The one we visit is on the decline of 2400 ft and is 180 yrs old. We head towards a wonderful restaurant to have lunch and then leave back to Shillong. Overnight stop in Shillong.
Day 06 :
Shillong-Guwahati Airport / Station (120kms) – Day starts early today as we end our journey with the Great Meghalaya by adoring Laitlum Canyon. Laitlum Canyons is a little-explored haven of the mountainous state of Meghalaya. Laitlum decodes to ‘end of hills’ and this awe-inspiring beautiful hilltop seems to be true to its name. At Laitlum, all one can see are magnificent gorges and steep winding stairways that meander their way down to the lush valley. The picturesque hill slopes of Laitlum are often called the amphitheater of Meghalaya. Never-ending as far as one can see, they are smeared in a multitude of hues – from earthy browns and grassy greens to blushing reds at dawn and dusk. We depart from this striking place to have lunch and then head to airport/station.
Return journey from Guwahati airport/railway station.