“When I’m standing on the mountain,
I didn’t get there on my own.
When I’m walking through the valley,
I know I’m not alone.”
- Tauren Wells, Hills and Valleys
Hola Adventurers! Thinking of taking another vacation? Let me guess, Mountains are calling and you must go, Right? Let me help you decide a place in 5 minutes because this is what I do.
Today, I will tell you about a paradise amidst paradise. Solang Valley, known to be one of the most gorgeous and adventurous places in Manali, is for everyone. Be it an adventure junkie or someone who is looking for a calm getaway in the lap of nature, this place has it all for you. So if you are looking for once in a lifetime experience, Solang Valley has to be the Destination for you. Here is a guide to know every tiny thing before you visit this paradise.
Best Time to Visit
As I told you, be it summers or winters, it is always good to go to Solang Valley. The only deciding factor, what all activities you want to do there. If paragliding, Gondola Rides etc are in your to do list, then the lush green summers is the ideal time to go. The valley is so beautiful around the summers that it becomes an appropriate escape from the scourging heat of the cities.
In case you want to try your hands on activities like skating and skiing, then the snowy weather of November to February is the ideal time. The beauty of valley during winters is something worth witnessing once in your life.
Spread Your Wings and Fly Far in Kamshet
Ideal Duration to Fully Explore Solang Valley
Although, 2 days and one night is more than enough to explore the valley, but for beauty admirers like us, we might as well settle in here. however , 2 days are enough you might as well take into account the nearby places you can visit and hence plan your trip accordingly keeping at least 5 to 6 days to fully cover the area.
Activities to Do in Solang Valley
I cannot stress this enough but this is the place where you could actually say, “Now that’s what I call Life.” There are a number of activities to satiate those adventure cooties in you.
- Paragliding – Be a Human Bird, Fly in air and enjoy the most magnificent place on Earth. Paragliding especially in Bir Billing is one of the most sought after activity in Solang Valley. There are two jump stations – One at a lower and other at a higher level. So needless to say, “Fly High because you are not meant to be caged.”
- Zorbing – Imagine how cool it be to hurtle down the hill in a transparent ball and singing our most favorite rhyme, “Jack and Jill Went up the hill To fetch a pail of water Jack fell down And broke his crown And Jill came tumbling after.”
- Quad Biking – This is one of the most fun activity to do in summers. The thrilling experience of riding an ATV and enjoying the lush green surroundings is something of a must do when you are in valley.
- Camping – There could be nothing better than camping in a valley and when it is a lush green Solang valley, this experience would become something of a lasting memory that you will cherish for your whole life.
- Skiing – Solang valley is the skier’s paradise as it offers the most thrilling experiences to indulge in. Solang valley offers a perfect opportunity to ski at different levels and hence is perfect for beginners as well as professionals.
- Snow Mobiling – Also known as Sledding, it lets you float over snow quite literally. You can do this with guidance or alone if you have done it before and have the fun of the lifetime.
- Gondola – This is not an adventure sport but a short journey up the mountain top which is worth exploring.
Top Places To Visit near Solang Valley
- Great Himalayan National Park – Are you an adventure greedy person who just can’t get enough then this is another place near Solang Valley in Kullu where you can indulge in activities like trekking, camping, rock climbing etc.
- Rohtang Pass – The gateway to a paradise called Lahaul and Spiti, this wonderland is at the heart of Himachal. With no accommodation options available, you can easily put your own tent and relax under the star studded sky.
- Marhi – Located in the midway of Manali and Rohtang, this small village is for the foodie in you. With a large number of roadside restaurants, this village is perfect to eat amidst the lush green mountains.
- Kothi – If the crowd in Solang valley is bothering you, then this perfect getaway 5 km away from the valley would satisfy the escapist in you. With the old world charm, this place would leave you asking for more.
How to Reach Solang Valley
- By Air – The nearest airport is Kullu Manali airport which is 63 kms from Solang.
- By Train – The Joginder Nagar Railway Station is situated at the distance of 175 kms. You can easily get a cab and drive till here.
- By Road – The highway to Manali is beautiful and is worth exploring by road. You can easily get a bus or you can come by your own car as well.
So, go Solang and let us know in the comments below how you like the place.