After months of reeling under work-related stress, going on a vacation is capable of freshening up anybodys mind. To help you plan ahead, we have listed out interesting and uncommon destinations for the upcoming spring-summer season in India.
If mountains and their serenity beckon you, these two treks or hikes should be on your itinerary. You will be able to experience the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayas as you traverse through lush meadows and snow-covered peaks in the ‘Dayara Bugyal’ and ‘Nag Tibba’ treks. If you are looking for a Jungle experincw, check out the last two desrinations.
1) The Nag Tibba trek- The Nag Tibba trek is a popular trekking destination in the Himalayas known for its scenic beauty and accessibility. The highlights of the trek include stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks, lush green forests, and the option of camping under the starry skies.
The trek can be reached from either Dehradun or Mussoorie, and it takes around 6-7 hours of drive to reach the starting point of the trek. The base camp for the trek is Pantwari village, which is around 85 km from Dehradun.
The trek can be completed in 2-3 days, depending on the route chosen and the pace of the trekker. The total trekking distance is around 16 km, and the trail is considered to be moderate, suitable for beginners and experienced trekkers alike.
2) Dayara Bugyal trek- The Dayara Bugyal trek is a popular trekking destination in Uttarakhand, known for its sprawling meadows and breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Some of the highlights of the trek include:
1) Scenic beauty: The trek offers stunning views of the Gangotri and Bandarpunch mountain ranges, as well as the lush green meadows of Dayara Bugyal.
2) Easy to moderate trek: The trail is considered to be relatively easy to moderate, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers.
3) Local culture: The trek provides an opportunity to interact with the locals and experience their unique culture and way of life.
4) Camping: The trek offers several camping sites with stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
To reach Dayara Bugyal, one needs to travel to Barsu village, which is the starting point of the trek. Barsu village is around 30 km from Uttarkashi, and one can reach there by hiring a taxi or taking a shared jeep from Uttarkashi. The nearest railway station is Dehradun, which is around 145 km from Barsu. From Dehradun, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Uttarkashi and then proceed to Barsu.
For ones interested in some adventure sports activities to get the much needed adrenaline drive, paragliding and a Jungle Wildlife Safari should do the trick.
3) Bir Billing- Bir Billing is a popular destination for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh, known for its scenic beauty and adventure sports. Some of the highlights of paragliding Bir Billing include:
*Stunning views: The paragliding experience offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountain ranges and the surrounding valleys.
*Adventure sports: Bir Billing is not just about paragliding; it also offers other adventure sports such as trekking, camping, and mountain biking.
*Culture and food: The region is known for its unique culture and delicious local food.
*Weather conditions: Bir Billing is known for its favorable weather conditions, which make it an ideal destination for paragliding.
To reach Bir Billing, one needs to first travel to the town of Bir. Bir is around 70 km from Dharamshala and can be reached by bus or taxi from there. The nearest railway station is Pathankot, which is around 120 km from Bir. From Bir, one can take a taxi or hire a motorcycle to reach Billing, which is around 14 km away. The road to Billing is narrow and winding, so it is advisable to hire a local driver who is familiar with the route.
4) The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve- The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is a popular safari destination in Maharashtra, known for its rich biodiversity and the opportunity to spot tigers in the wild. Some of the highlights of the Tadoba safari booking include:
*Wildlife: The reserve is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including tigers, leopards, sloth bears, Indian bison, and several species of deer.
*Scenic beauty: The reserve is located amidst the hills of the Satpura range, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
*Bird watching: The reserve is a paradise for bird watchers, with over 195 species of birds.
*Jungle safari: The reserve offers jeep and elephant safaris, providing visitors with an opportunity to explore the park and spot wildlife in their natural habitat.
To reach Tadoba, one can take a train or flight to Nagpur, which is around 140 km from the reserve. From Nagpur, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the reserve. Chandrapur is the nearest town to Tadoba, which is around 45 km away. One can hire a taxi or take a bus from Chandrapur to reach the reserve.
All these travel destinations will give you a much needed change of scenery, a break and sense of excitement of seeing something new. Go for them, they will make up for one of the most precious and memorable time for you and your loved ones.